Homeowner Associations & Condominium Associations

October 25, 2021

Homeowner Associations (“HOAs”) and Condominium Associations (“COAs”) must register with the Department of Commerce’s Homeowner Associations Registry . This registration is separate from the registration an HOA entity or COA entity has with the division. The public can use the Homeowner Associations Registry to access information about registered HOAs.

The laws governing HOAs and COAs include the Condominium Ownership Act and the Community Association Act . The Department of Commerce provides helpful information for HOAs and COAs about registration here .

What if I need more help?

If you are involved in an HOA or COA that needs help understanding how registration requirements apply to your organization, you may consider seeking the advice of an attorney. The Utah State Bar’s Licensed Lawyer referral service can help you find a licensed attorney that meets your needs.