Low-Profit Limited Liability Company
A Low-Profit Limited Liability Company (L3C) shall significantly further the accomplishment of one or more charitable or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 170(c)(2)(B), Internal Revenue Code; shall demonstrate that it would not be formed but for the company's relationship to the accomplishment of a charitable or educational purpose; subject to Subsection (3), may not have as a significant purpose the production of income or the appreciation of property; and may not have as a purpose to accomplish one or more political or legislative purposes within the meaning of Section 170(c)(2)(D), Internal Revenue Code.
You are always encouraged to consult an attorney to ensure appropriate consideration of all the legal implications of your choice of entity and filing. We stress that this filing website is not intended to substitute nor replace the advice of legal counsel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (may not be handwritten)
- Certificate of Organization
- Statement of Dissolution
- Statement of Correction to Rescind Voluntary Dissolution
- Statement of Termination
- Amendment to Certificate of Organization
- Articles/Statement of Conversion
- Articles/Statement of Correction
- Statement of Domestication
- Statement/Articles of Merger
- Statement of Withdrawal for delayed dated documents
- Resignation Letter
- Registered Agent Resignation
- Registration Information Change Form
- Registration Information Change Form Addendum
- Payment Cover Letter
Misc. Information and Websites
- What Constitutes "Doing Business" in Utah?
- Who Must Register with the Utah Department of Commerce?
- Utah Business Licensing & Registration Guide
- Business Name Information
- Tips for New Business Registrations
- Business Information Website
- Service of Process Information
- Links to other websites
- International Association of Corporation Administrators (IACA)
- Workers Compensation Information
- Local Business Licensing Offices