Foreign Limited Partnership
A Foreign Limited Partnership is composed of one or more general partners and one or more limited partners. The general partners manage the business and share fully in its profits and losses. Limited partners share in the profits of the business, but their losses are limited to the extent of their investment. Limited partners are usually not involved in the day-to-day operations of the business. The chief purpose of a limited partnership is to enable persons to invest their money in a business without taking an active part in managing the business, and without risking more than the sum originally contributed, while securing the cooperation of others who have ability and integrity but insufficient money.
You are always encouraged to consult an attorney to ensure appropriate consideration of all the legal implications of your choice of entity and filing. We stress that this filing website is not intended to substitute nor replace the advice of legal counsel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (may not be handwritten)
- Foreign Registration Statement Limited Partnership
- Amendment of Foreign Registration
- Statement of Domestication
- Withdrawal of Registration of a Foreign LP
- Transfer of Registration
- Articles/Statement of Correction
- Statement of Withdrawal for delayed dated documents
- Resignation Letter
- Registered Agent Resignation
- Registration Information Change Form
- Registration Information Change Form Addendum
- Payment Cover Letter
Misc. Information and Websites
- What Constitutes "Doing Business" in Utah?
- Who Must Register with the Utah Department of Commerce?
- Utah Business Licensing & Registration Guide
- Business Name Information
- Tips for New Business Registrations
- Business Information Website
- Service of Process Information
- Links to other websites
- International Association of Corporation Administrators (IACA)
- Workers Compensation Information
- Local Business Licensing Offices