Foreign Series Limited Liability Company
A Foreign Series Limited Liability Company is formed by one or more individuals or entities through a special written agreement. The agreement details the organization of the LLC including: provisions for management, assignability of interests, and distribution of profits or losses.
A company statutorily authorized in certain states that is characterized by limited liability, management by members or managers, and limitations on ownerships transfer. A Foreign Series Limited Liability Company must have notice in a company's certificate of organization of the limitation on liabilities of a series, as required by Section 48-3a-1202, is sufficient whether or not the company has established any series at the time the notice is included in the certificate of organization.
You are always encouraged to consult an attorney to ensure appropriate consideration of all the legal implications of your choice of entity and filing. We stress that this filing website is not intended to substitute nor replace the advice of legal counsel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (may not be handwritten)
- Foreign Registration Statement
- Amendment of Foreign Registration
- Withdrawal of Registration of a Foreign Series LLC
- Articles/Statement of Conversion
- Articles/Statement of Correction
- Statement of Domestication
- Statement/Articles of Merger
- Statement of Withdrawal for delayed dated documents
- Resignation Letter
- Registered Agent Resignation
- Registration Information Change Form
- Registration Information Change Form Addendum
- Payment Cover Letter
Misc. Information and Websites
- What Constitutes "Doing Business" in Utah?
- Who Must Register with the Utah Department of Commerce?
- Utah Business Licensing & Registration Guide
- Business Name Information
- Tips for New Business Registrations
- Business Information Website
- Service of Process Information
- Links to other websites
- International Association of Corporation Administrators (IACA)
- Workers Compensation Information
- Local Business Licensing Offices