Limited Liability Limited Partnership
A Limited Liability Limited Partnership (LLLP) is composed of one or more general partners and one or more limited partners. The general partners manage the business and share fully in its profits and losses. Limited partners share in the profits of the business, but their losses are limited to the extent of their investment. Limited partners are usually not involved in the day-to-day operations of the business.
The chief purpose of a limited partnership is to enable persons to invest their money in a business without taking an active part in managing the business, and without risking more than the sum originally contributed, while securing the cooperation of others who have ability and integrity but insufficient money.
The main difference between a Limited Liability Limited Partnership and a Limited Partnership is to limit the vicarious liability of the general partners in the same fashion that registration as an Limited Liability Partnership limits the liability of the general partners of a general partnership.
You are always encouraged to consult an attorney to ensure appropriate consideration of all the legal implications of your choice of entity and filing. We stress that this filing website is not intended to substitute nor replace the advice of legal counsel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (may not be handwritten)
- Certificate for Domestic Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Foreign Registration Statement for Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Amendment of Domestic Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Amendment of Foreign Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Articles/Statement of Conversion (Domestic)
- Articles/Statement of Correction
- Statement of Domestication
- Transfer of Registration (Foreign)
- Statement of Dissolution
- Statement of Termination
- Statement/Articles of Merger
- Withdrawal of Registration of a Foreign LLLP
- Statement of Withdrawal for delayed dated documents
- Resignation Letter
- Registered Agent Resignation
- Registration Information Change Form
- Registration Information Change Form Addendum
- Payment Cover Letter
Misc. Information and Websites
- What Constitutes "Doing Business" in Utah?
- Who Must Register with the Utah Department of Commerce?
- Utah Business Licensing & Registration Guide
- Business Name Information
- Tips for New Business Registrations
- Business Information Website
- Service of Process Information
- Links to other websites
- International Association of Corporation Administrators (IACA)
- Workers Compensation Information
- Local Business Licensing Offices