Tribal Business Entity
A Tribal Business Entity may be a nonprofit or for profit corporation, a limited liability partnership, a limited partnership, or a limited liability company. A tribal entity created by tribal law will be treated the same as a foreign business entity authorized to transact business in the state. You may find more information under those specific business entity types.
"Tribe" means a tribe, band, nation, pueblo, or other organized group or community of Native Americans, including an Alaska Native village, that is legally recognized as eligible for and is consistent with a special program, service, or entitlement provided by the United States to Native Americans because of their status as Native Americans.
You are always encouraged to consult an attorney to ensure appropriate consideration of all the legal implications of your choice of entity and filing. We stress that this filing website is not intended to substitute nor replace the advice of legal counsel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (may not be handwritten)
- Application for Authority to Conduct Affairs for a Tribal Corporation
- Application for Authority to Transact Business for a Tribal Limited Liability Company
- Application for Authority to Transact Business for a Tribal Professional Limited Liability Company
- Application for Authority to Transact Business for a Tribal Series Limited Liability Company
- Application for Tribal Limited Partnership
- Application for Tribal Limited Liability Partnership
- Application for Tribal Limited Liability Limited Partnership
- Resignation Letter
- Registered Agent Resignation
- Registration Information Change Forms
- Payment Cover Letter
Misc. Information and Websites
- What Constitutes "Doing Business" in Utah?
- Who Must Register with the Utah Department of Commerce?
- Utah Business Licensing & Registration Guide
- How to Start a Business in Utah
- Business Name Information
- Tips for New Business Registrations
- Business Information Website
- Service of Process Information
- Links to other websites
- International Association of Corporation Administrators (IACA)
- Workers Compensation Information
- Local Business Licensing Offices
- Link to list of Tribal Governments